Baraban.Com Russian America USA and Canada Forums
Ðóññêèå Êíèãè â Àìåðèêå
The Voice of Our CommunityEnglishRussian Date: 15th August 2018. Time: 21:29 GMT -8.  
America | Denver | Los Angeles | San Francisco | Albany | Odessa | Bookmark Us
Home | Yellow Pages | Forums | Classifieds | Stock Values | Russian Dating | Weeds | Apartment Rentals| Make Start Page

Go Back   Baraban.Com Russian America USA and Canada Forums > Форумы Модерируются > Помогите!
FAQ Calendar Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 7th September 2013, 11:12
Юный Барабанщик

Ena is on a distinguished road
Post Bringing cremated remains from US to Russia

I need to bring cremated remains from US that I want to bury in Russia. I get different info on what documents are required, also which need translation, certification, apostille and consulate certification.
I am looking for advise from someone with knowledge or experience. Which documents are actually required, which need apostille, transaltion and consulate certification. Thank you.

Here is a preliminary list of documents that I think I will need.
N Document title
1 Death Certificate - 2 copies
2 Certified copies of the death certificate - 2 copies
3 Translation of a Burial Permit and a Cremation Certificate
4 Cremation Letter
5 Non-contagious Disease Letter
6 Certified copies of Non-contagious Disease Letter
7 Original Russian Travel passport of the deceased
8 Letter from funeral home
Old 13th June 2017, 09:33
Юный Барабанщик

latranslate is on a distinguished road
Re: Bringing cremated remains from US to Russia

Hi,

I know it's been a long time since this post was created, but maybe someone will find it useful.

From my experience, you would need to put Apostilles on documents so that they would be legal in a country which is a part of the Hague Convention. Once the Apostilles are in place, you will have to make a certified translation of the documents. Some people ask for just the translation of the documents, but most of them ask for a certified translation. There is a large number of sites which offer these services at a reasonable price. For example, this one - http://www.russian-translation-pros....n-service.html This site claims to have it done for $18, but I think it's for Russian to English - russian-english-translator.com. So, you will have to request for a quote in order to be sure of the price and the turnaround time.

I would also say that notarization should be added to the translation as the more stamps there are on the document - the better it is and the more chances you have for the document to be accepted.

Death certificate and cremation letter are the two documents which need to be translated for sure. Travel passport of the deceased usually doesn't need to be translated as it is already in English and Russian/Ukrainian languages.

In some instances, letter from a funeral home might be necessary, too.